We know that a good layout is wanted by all companies, but not all companies know where to guarantee it. So to make sure your layout looks perfect, check out the 8 essential steps that will ensure a perfect layout for your website.
From Paper to Canvas
The first step in starting a good layout construction is to conduct a quality briefing. The briefing is a set of information and data collection that will assist in capturing what are the customer’s intentions and wishes. Another important point to look at at this stage will be the end user needs.
Once you have defined what will be the purpose of the site, and what will be the target audience, it is time to develop the content.
Remember that an effective website is important to keep the client and agency together as you build the information gathering process so that the end result is even more assertive.
Take Advantage of Drafts and Wireframes
Before actually starting site development, it is important that they make drafts and wireframes. Drafts can often be done by hand or in basic computer tools such as Notepad and Word.
Wireframe, which is the site outline, a skeleton that will represent what the site will look like after it has some online tools to make, such as MocFlow.
This will ensure that the project is redesigned and modified to ensure complete customer satisfaction, and then will make it easier for the site design team to have any major issues during the project.
Tip: Look for a user-defined visual structure to be able to situate and navigate intuitively.
Do reference searches
While it is not right to “copy” or “imitate” some competing layout, it is of paramount importance to analyze pages and sites that have the same segment to base on and determine what should be trending and should present similarly or strategies that are not effective and that should present differently on your site.
References will allow you to analyze what the interfaces have in common, and to determine at what point to ensure that the site, once finalized, presents differential and excels when compared to others.
Keeping an eye on the user
One of the key points that will make your site successful or failed is audience analysis from the beginning of the project. It is no use thinking of a structure that is apparently beautiful and functional, but does not meet the needs and desires of the target audience.
So, before thinking about a website, it is important to know your target audience and have lower (or zero) error rates. It is necessary to know the expectations, frustrations, needs and the main tasks that users need to accomplish in the context to be explored and to develop the layout and content of the site following these considerations.
- Research your user: Try profiling the project audience. This can be done in different ways, whether through surveys, forms and surveys, as well as a good search for similar products or services that already exist to understand what works or does not work for the user of this segment.
- Optimize your site for your audience: You need to optimize page usage for your goals. If the project involves an e-coomerce site, for example, and the intention is to make users able to purchase without difficulty, study what is the best way to navigate that will give you easy access with simple and easy usability. users.
- Go beyond codes: Much more than colors and typography, remember to take into account technical issues such as which browsers are used most by site users. It is no use investing in a site that is not adaptable to different browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and others.
- Take platforms into account: More than just working well in most browsers, a site needs to run well on as many devices as possible, such as smarthpones and tablets, as currently the volume of hits on devices like these can surpass even, the number of hits on computers and notebooks.
- Test with real users: Before defining your layout and final content, be sure to consult with some real users. Ideally, you should look at a sample audience of the project in question using interfaces from the same segment, so you will have a good background on what is very acceptable and strategies that do not work that well.
Whenever you think of a website, opt for the use of modern and current technologies and languages. This will ensure you greater compatibility with browsers, which, by contrast, are also constantly updated. Another important factor in using modern features is that they will help you to ensure compatible and undistorted mobile accessibility.
Interactivity, as well as layout, are inseparable and indispensable elements in a website. Direct and effective user interaction is undoubtedly one of the most seductive and pertinent features of a site overall. To ensure a good iterativity, try to use elements that engage the user in navigation, as well as an attractive layout, that will make visitors stay on your site longer.
To ensure good interactivity, coupled with a good layout, it is important to follow two steps. Are they:
- Build your site with no effect, just the essentials. The objective and clean layout is ideal.
- Analyze where different effects can be applied, and make sure that the effects will enhance the user experience or just be embellishments. If it is just effects, discard them, as this may load your site and harm the usability of users.
Small screen layouts
Although creating visuals for websites that will be accessed from mobile platforms requires greater care and caution, it is of utmost importance to be careful when designing your site, because navigation through smatphones and tablets is currently growing and much of times reaching numbers higher than searches for computers and notebooks.
To ensure your site has good mobile visibility and usability, check out our tips:
- Design for touch: When designing your site, it’s important to take into account the accuracy of the touch of your fingers on the screen via mobile devices, so always try to choose a dynamic, accurate touch-friendly layout.
- Disregard the leftovers: In the mobile environment the user values fast and accurate navigation. For this, it is essential to think of a site with easy navigation by reducing the content and functions that are unnecessary on a site.
- Value for rich browsing: While smartphone and tablet screens are small, users can be surprised by rich browsing. This will give you a differentiator, since most mobile experiences are simple and uninteresting.
How to make
Now you know the main tricks and techniques for building a good website. But… How to put it all into practice? What tools to use? How to make sure everything is in accordance?
The truth is that to be sure that the site is really good, meeting all expectations, usual and targeted to the public you want to reach, hiring a Digital Marketing team that is able and qualified to better serve you is essential.
After all, these tips are like a cake recipe. We present the walkthrough, but surely only people who practice in the kitchen can get a good result.