Blogger is one of Google’s products that is being offered for free. It is one of the most popular platforms for blogging. According to 2012 blogging.org’s data, blogger (or mainly known as blogspot) is one of the most used blogging platforms in the world with a percentage average of 35%, second to WordPress with 43%.
It is also the preferred blog platform by most novice bloggers due to its usability and convenience. Creating a blog using blogger doesn’t take too much time. In fact, one can make a blog in just a few minutes using this platform. The following are the basic steps on how to create a blog using blogger:
1. Go to http://www.blogger.com/
2. Login with your gmail ID and Password. For fresh user, please proceed with gmail registration.
3. Name your blog and choose your preferred URL. The URL is changeable but subject to availability
4. New blog is successfully registered
5. Fresh blog without content
6. Compose new post
– The post editor section is similar to the word document. User can change a text color, add photo, add a text link.
– Jump break is to create summary content so that a user can continue reading with reading more button
– Label is important to group the similar post in a different category
– Aside from publishing the article directly for public viewing, there are other options that the author can choose – he/she can save the post as a draft, preview the post before publishing, or/and make a schedule for when the article is going to publish.
7. Publish content to make the article live.
8. New blog with content
Demo blog: exampleblogcontent.blogspot.com