There are many reasons to transfer from one domain to another domain registrar. Some because of better customer service experience, cheaper renewal fee or bundle with free DNS.
Puting all eggs in one basket can be risky, lately we transfer some domains from Exabytes to ServerFreak for backup purposes.
The following guide is only applicable to gTLDs (Generic top-level domains). Domain transfer requirement:
- Domain is still active.
- At least 2 weeks away from the expiration date.
- Provide us the EPP code ( Can be obtain from domain admin panel / hosting provider. )
- Admin/owner ‘s email of the domain must be active/in use. (Email asking for approval will be sent to the domain admin’s email)
- Domain is unlocked / WHOIS protection is disable.
The process to transfer a domain:
1. Login to exabytes: https://billing.exabytes.com.my/mypanel/clientarea.php
2. Manage domains
3. Disable registrar lock
4. Get EPP code
5. Sometimes the EPP code will not generate in the back-end system, instead it sends the authorization key to user email.
6. Contact ServerFreak, and then send the EPP code to support team.
7. ServerFreak will send out the invoice for domain renewal, user must at least renew one-year domain with the new registrar.
8. Along the way, user will receive an email to appoint ServerFreak as new domain registrar. User requires clicking a link to grant the permission.
9. Domain transfer takes 5 – 7 days, for successful transfer domain user will see an update on WHOIS with extended domain expiry date. To check the status kindly visit http://whois.domaintools.com/