Hiring a good SEO company is not an easy task, low-quality service providers could cause a website to drop traffic, rankings, and worse, sales. We’ve seen startup companies spend high budget on SEO services and eventually realized that it’s a scam. We don’t want that to happen to you, we have some tips for you to identify between the good and bad SEO agencies.
Bad SEO agencies
- Offer bulk link building services with surprisingly low cost
- Emphasizing strategy on quantity of backlinks instead of quality backlinks
- Show off a selection of keywords been achieved in search engine
- Often under-priced
- Still talk about PageRank as an ultimate goal
- Cannot answer technical SEO question e.g. canonical, page speed, mobile friendly, analytics, algorithm
- Offer guarantee ranking on search engine result
- Promise to deliver quick results in short period
- Claim to have a good relationship with Google
- Focus optimisation on few targeted keywords
- Confuse clients about Adwords result is organic result
- Often send out cold call emails
Good SEO agencies
- Talk about sales and revenue, instead of pure keyword ranking
- Talk about web traffic analysis e.g. bounce rate, conversion, impression
- Talk about your business goals and aligning with suitable SEO strategy
- Talk about Content writing strategy to attract high-quality links
- Talk about PR and marketing integration with offline campaigns
- Suggestion to improve user experience e.g. website speed, design, site structure
- Talk about long term gain
- Combine SEO solution with Adwords and social media management
- Good knowledge with Google webmaster guideline
- Their company website often rank well in search engine
- The company have active blog and social media profile
- Online contribution e.g. the company participate in forum and Q&A section to help up community growth
The questions help you to identify a good SEO firm
- What do you think about my website structure and design?
- Any space of improvement?
- Can you show me some examples of your work?
- What seo strategy you use to improve my website traffic and ranking?
- How long to expect the seo result?
The questions you may expected from good SEO company
- What is your targeting keywords?
- Who are your major competitors?
- What do you expect from SEO return of investment?
- Can you provide webmaster and web stats access?
- Who are your target audiences and buyers?
- What is your monthly budget for SEO?