Google AdWords is an online advertising platform provided by Google. Adwords helps businesses grow by driving interested audiences to visit their website and increase business enquiry. Business advertisers can set their daily budget, bid the target keywords and ads space they are willing to pay.
Type Of Bidding:
1. Cost per clicks (CPC) Bidding – Advertisers pay for each click of the ads. If someone views the ads without taking action to click, no charge on ads viewing. For example, Jason bid RM1 for the keyword of “car repair services”, his ads been view for 1000 times along with 50 clicks, the ads charge is RM50.
2. Cost per thousand impressions (CPM) bidding – Advertisers pay based on the number of impressions (1000 times of the ads view to the audiences). E.g. Jenny bid RM1 for 1000 ads impressions, her ads been view for 1000 times together with 10 clicks, the ads fee is RM1.
3. Cost-per-acquisition (CPA) Bidding – No win no pay, advertisers only pay Google for each successful conversion, no charge on clicks and impression e.g. Tommy bid RM50 for each successful sales conversion, regardless how many clicks or impression been view, the bill still stick to RM50 per conversion.
Type of Adwords campaigns:
1. Search Network – Focus on keywords search, the ads visible on Google search result
2. Display Network only – Focuses on banner ads, the ads visible across Google display network including blog, forum, apps, google map, video and gmail.
3. Search Network with Display Select – a combination of both display and search network
4. Video network – Video ads on YouTube and across the web
5. Shopping – Applicable for those with Google Merchant Center account, currently this services is not available in Malaysia.
The link building strategy involves at least three websites or more. e.g. Website “A” hyperlink to website “B” and then website “B” hyperlink to website “C”. If website “C” link back to website “A”, it become a circular 3 ways link.
Some webmasters believe, three-way link from different host location is a safer way for SEO. Geo-diversity turns the incoming backlinks become more organic and hard to detect by Google algorithm. Some even build multiple secondary sites for exchange links purpose.
However, Google is still able to detect this scheme if not done right.
There’s a better approach on how to create an effective and non-manipulated type of three way link building. And if you are going to create a network of websites, you should consider these factors:
Content – This will be the ultimate recipe in creating an effective linking strategy. The quality of the content doesn’t only rely on the number of characters used. It should also enticing and relevant for the users.
Relevancy – You don’t want to link an event website to a kitchen blog when creating a network. The sites should always be relevant to each other in order to maximize the resources. It will also provide a good user experience for your visitors.
Traffic – Don’t drive fake traffic. Google will be able to detect it. Optimize your network for user experience and not solely for linking purposes.
Reciprocal Link, Two-Way Links or more popular known as link exchange. It is a link building strategy with mutual agreement from two parties. A website creates a hyperlink to B website, and then B site returns a hyperlink to A website.
For initial stage this is a workable strategy, both website gain additional referral traffic and backlinks. When more backlinks point to a website, it help to higher up search engine rankings. Later the strategy rapidly practice by webmasters, some even offer link building services and create a link exchange communities for bigger link pool. As a result, reciprocal link has turn become a spam link activity and discourage by search engine.
One-way link building or the single way of linking. The most common link building strategy. Website A creates a hyperlink to website B.
One-way link can be obtained through the following platforms:
Some companies even providing one-way link building services, they help the client build backlinks from high PR sites. However, this is against Google webmaster guideline. Buying or selling links that pass PageRank can negatively impact a site’s ranking in search results, as soon Google caught the link scheme, the site may penalty and remove from the search engine.
However, there are still some one way link building that can be done in a good manner. Those are the kinds of links that need a lot of reach outs and good quality content to be acquired. They may not be as good as they were before, but they are still bring a good amount of traffic and link juice to the website when done right. Some of those strategies are listed below:
Guest Posting – This link building technique has been around since the dawn of the search engines. It’s one of the most powerful strategies to build links and reputation. But after the Penguin updates, and lots of spam guest contents, its value have degraded dramatically and blog owners are very skeptical in accepting guest articles unless it is backed by good research and data. But overall, this is still a good one way link strategy to consider.
Infographic Submission – Though most of the submission websites are paid, they can still deliver a good amount of traffic and link backs to your website. Infographics are naturally eye-catching even without looking the data within. So leveraging its value by submitting it to as many resources (not those spam websites) as possible will bring some good value to your website.
Resource Links – This strategy requires a good content knowledge and research, it can be done by reaching some blogs or editorial websites that provides a lot of information. These websites tend to give outbound links to reputable resources. However, there are some cases that the outbound links goes to a 404 page or the landing page has altered that it becomes irrelevant. That’s where your talent may suit in. You can contact the blog owners about your findings and suggest that you can provide something of relevant and good quality. That way, you can earn links from those resource pages. Some call it broken link building.
Quizzes – Contents that offer quizzes often share a lot than ordinary written contents. That’s a fact in a way that quizzes are naturally engaging and they offer excitement to the users. Quizzes can bring it a good amount of social shares and natural link backs.
Google still loves links. And links are still the major factor in search engine rankings. Even so, it should still be done with caution and calculated approach. When done right, expect a good traffic and ranking boost from it.